Friday 31 October 2014

I pray for your Spiritual Run

I'm praying for your run. Now, not all of us are marathon runners but we are all running a race. So I'm praying for...

Your training - Nobody runs a marathon without training first. Likewise, we need to be training in our spiritual journey, constantly refining our techniques. So I pray that you would retain the scriptures you read (Luke 11:8), that you would look to your Heavenly coach for help (Ps 54:4) and that you would find others to train alongside for accountability (1 Thess 5:11).

Your intervals - In training, these are used to build speed and endurance. In our own lives, we have various seasons of intervals - days and weeks that push our heart rates up, and other days that we use for recovery. I pray these would work as intended - to build you up, and not to discourage you. I pray you would feel strong and courageous (Joshua 1:9) in your uphill journeys and that you would drink living water (John 4:14) to keep you refreshed in your recovery.

Target heart rate - In training this is where you'll receive your maximum benefit. In your spiritual run, this is where you are outpouring from your heart in such a way that you are making the most impact for God's Kingdom. I pray you find your niche, and that you continue to stay in your target zone with God's help, in order to share His heart through you (Colossians 3:16).

Your wall - the point during a race when your muscle glycogen stores become depleted and a feeling of fatigue engulfs you. Spiritually, the enemy wants us to feel burnt out on God, on religion, on serving, on reading our Bible and on anything else that keeps us close to God and on the race path. I pray against this temptation. I prat that when the enemy comes and tries to cut you off (Gal 5:7), that you would cling to the truth and throw off all that is trying to hinder you (Hebrews 12:1).  I pray you would push through the weariness and continue to press forward towards the goal (Philippians 3:14).

Your current mile - I pray that you would be equipped with the right gear, that you would be encouraged in your journey and that you would know in your spirit that you are not running alone, but that God is with you, every step of the way (Matthew 28:20).

Your remaining distance - I pray that wherever God is leading you, you would step forward in obedience (Psalm 119:60).

I pray that wherever you are, from the sidelines to water breaks to hills or long distance stretches, that you would be inspired to keep going, and to do so for the glory of our God!

No comments:

Post a Comment